Spring to Life Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/3 yd each of 6 printed fabrics
- 1 yd solid fabric
- 1/2 yd binding fabric
- 2-2/3 yds backing fabric
- Twin size batting
- June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Slotted Ruler
- Rotary cutter & rotary cutting mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Follow the instruction included with the June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Slotted ruler for cutting strips, squares, triangles and binding.
Cut four (4) 6" x WOF (width of fabric)
Sub-cut into twenty-four (24) 6" squares
Sub-cut squares into forty-eight (48) triangles
Cut two (2) 5-1/2" x WOF strips
Sub-cut into twelve (12) 5-1/2" squares
Cut one (1) 6" x WOF strip
Sub-cut into four (4) 6" squares
Sub-cut squares into eight (8) triangles
Re-cut remaining strip to 5-1/2"
Cut one (1) 5-1/2" x WOF strip
Sub-cut the two 5-1/2" strips into eight (8) 5-1/2" squares
Cut six (6) 2-1/2" binding strips
1. Layer each printed fabric triangle with a solid triangle, right sides together. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew triangles together on long side. Press seam allowance towards printed fabric. Square block to 5-1/2" if necessary.
2. Using 1/4" seam allowance, sew pieced triangle blocks and squares together into 9-patch blocks. Twelve blocks made.
3. Using 1/4" seam allowance, sew blocks into rows, then rows together to complete quilt top.
4. Layer quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired and bind.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products