Spring to Life Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/3 yd each of 6 printed fabrics
- 1 yd solid fabric
- 1/2 yd binding fabric
- 2-2/3 yds backing fabric
- Twin size batting
- June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Slotted Ruler
- Rotary cutter & rotary cutting mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Follow the instruction included with the June Tailor® Shape Cut™ Slotted ruler for cutting strips, squares, triangles and binding.
Cut four (4) 6" x WOF (width of fabric)
Sub-cut into twenty-four (24) 6" squares
Sub-cut squares into forty-eight (48) triangles
Cut two (2) 5-1/2" x WOF strips
Sub-cut into twelve (12) 5-1/2" squares
Cut one (1) 6" x WOF strip
Sub-cut into four (4) 6" squares
Sub-cut squares into eight (8) triangles
Re-cut remaining strip to 5-1/2"
Cut one (1) 5-1/2" x WOF strip
Sub-cut the two 5-1/2" strips into eight (8) 5-1/2" squares
Cut six (6) 2-1/2" binding strips
1. Layer each printed fabric triangle with a solid triangle, right sides together. Using a 3/8" seam allowance, sew triangles together on long side. Press seam allowance towards printed fabric. Square block to 5-1/2" if necessary.
2. Using 1/4" seam allowance, sew pieced triangle blocks and squares together into 9-patch blocks. Twelve blocks made.
3. Using 1/4" seam allowance, sew blocks into rows, then rows together to complete quilt top.
4. Layer quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired and bind.