Springtime Flower Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache and wooden letters
- Acrylic paint in assorted colors
- Brushes, #10 Filbert and 0 Liner
- Gloss spray varnish
- Basecoat letters in various colors of choice. Apply as many coats as necessary for good coverage.
- Using a Filbert brush and white paint, paint on flowers, filling in centers as well. Let dry.
- Over the white flowers, paint on colored flowers. The white undercoat keeps the colors more pure. Paint round, white flower centers. Decorate each flower, as desired, using swirls and dots. Dots are made by dipping the handle end of the liner brush into paint and "dotting" it on the flower.
- When all paint is dry, spray with gloss varnish.