Square By Design® Covered Foot Stool
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Square By Design® Square
- Footstool to cover
- Note: In selecting the proper size footstool, allow at least 1-1/2"–2" extra fabric for wrapping and securing to the underside of footstool top.
- Measuring tape or yardstick
- Staple gun & staples or upholstery tacks & hammer
- High gloss spray paint
- Medium loft batting (optional)
- Chalk for marking
Note: If ironing is needed, use medium dry iron.
1. Remove existing top from footstool and set aside.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray paint bottom of footstool. Allow paint to dry.
3. Remove existing fabric on footstool top.
4. If needed, cover footstool top with medium loft batting.
5. With Square right side facing up, center the motif over footstool top and wrap edges of fabric to the back. Keeping the fabric taut, turn foot stool top over and secure fabric in place by using a staple gun or upholstery tacks along fabric edges.
6. Reassemble top to bottom of footstool.