Square By Design® Covered Sketchbook
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Square By Design® Square
- 11"x14" hardbound sketchbook
- 12 yds 1/2" Supertape™
- 2 yds 1" wide decorative flat trim
- Ruler or yardstick
- Chalk for marking
Note: If ironing is needed, use medium set dry iron.
1. Cut the SUPERTAPE™ as follows:
2 – 25" pcs
2 – 14" pcs
4 – 11" pcs
11 – 14" pcs
2 – 32" pcs
2. Cut the decorative trim into 2 – 32" pcs.
3. Centering motif, cut Square By Design™ to measure 15"x25".
4. With wrong side of Square facing up, place a 25" piece of tape along 25" edge of fabric and finger press. Peel off protective backing from the tape. Fold over fabric edge ½” and firmly finger press hem in place. Repeat for opposite 25” side of Square. Place a 14” piece of tape along short sides. Do not remove protective backing at this time.
5. Position two 11" tape pieces along top and bottom front edges of book. Repeat for book back.
6. Place one piece of 14" tape even with the 14" edge of book front. Repeat for book back.
7. Place four additional pieces of 14" tape vertically and evenly spaced across book front. Repeat for book back.
8. Place one 14" piece of tape along book spine. Peel protective backing from tape on book front and spine only.
9. With right side of Square facing up and book open with front and back covers facing up, position the center of the motif over the spine and finger press in place. Continue to finger press Square to book front cover, aligning edges and wrap to inside of front cover. Remove protective backing from 14" side piece and press to front cover.
10. Remove protective backing from tape on back of book. Finger press Square to back cover, aligning edges and wrap to inside of back cover. Remove protective backing from 14" side and firmly press to back cover.
11. Place a piece of tape on wrong side of each piece of 32" decorative trim. Remove tape liner. Beginning on inside of front cover, center the trim over the raw edge of Square. Continue covering raw edge of fabric wrapping around to the book front and back to inside cover to meet beginning piece of trim. Firmly finger press trim in place. Repeat for book back with remaining piece of decorative trim.