Square By Design® Pillow with Fringed Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Square by Design® Square
- 2/3 yd 54" width fabric for backing
- 2-1/2 yds decorative fringe trim
- 20" x 20" Soft n Crafty® Premier pillow inser
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
- Iron and pressing surface
- Chalk for marking
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Optional: zipper foot Finished size: 18" x 18"
Note: Seam allowance is 1/2" unless otherwise noted. If ironing is needed, use a medium dry iron.
- Centering motif, measure and cut Square by Design® Square to measure 18-1/2" x 18-1/2".
- From pillow backing fabric, cut one piece to measure 18-1/2" x 18-1/2".
- With right side of motif Square facing up and beginning at the lower edge, leave 2" of trim extended for finishing. Pin fringe tape in place keeping all raw edges even. Sew fringe in place overlapping beginning and ending pieces. Note: Using a zipper foot to sew fringe in place would be helpful. Trim as needed.
- With right sides together, pin pillow front to pillow back. Stitching close to the fringe, sew pieces together leaving a 9" opening at bottom edge. Note: Do not trim pillow corners.
- Turn pillow to right side through opening. Position pillow insert inside pillow.
- Hand stitch opening closed.