SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Note: To prevent fraying, use a finishing or zig zag stitch along each raw fabric edge. Seam allowances are 1/4" unless otherwise noted. If ironing is needed, use medium set dry iron.
1. Cut Square By Design™ Square 11-1/2"x19-1/2" centering design in the area that measures 11-1/2"x14". A portion of the 11-1/2"x19-1/2" rectangle will wrap to the back.
2. Cut back fabric to measure 11-1/2"x10-1/4". With right sides together, sew back fabric to the motif piece along short ends to have one unit to measure 29"x11-1/2".
3. From the contrasting fabric, cut the following:
o 11-1/2"x29-1/4" for lining.
o 11-1/2"x18" for pocket flaps
o 2"x2-1/2" for loop to hold pen
4. Fold the two smaller pocket flap pieces in half and press so they measure 8-3/4"x11-1/2".
5. Fold the 2"x2-1/2" strip lengthwise and press. Stitch a 1/4" seam and turn to right side. Topstitch each side. Fold in half to form a loop.
6. Measure 3" up from right bottom edge of motif fabric and align one raw edge of loop. Machine stitch 1" from raw edge of the center of loop to secure to motif fabric.
7. Fold loop in half so you have both raw edges of loop lined up with raw edge of motif.
8. Layer each of the prepared fabric pieces by placing the rectangle motif piece right side up, place a pocket piece on each short end with raw edges together, and place the contrasting rectangle piece of fabric on top of pockets with the wrong side on top. Align raw edges together and pin on all 4 sides.
9. Stitch on all sides, leaving a 6" opening on the back where back fabric meets the motif fabric.
10. Carefully turn to right side through opening and press with medium dry iron.
11. Hand stitch the opening closed.
12. Insert flap of sketchpad into each pocket.
13. To add stiffness to the front cover, cut a rectangle of cardboard 11"x14" and insert in front flap (optional).
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>