Note: Seam allowance is 1/4" unless otherwise noted. If ironing is needed, use a medium dry iron.
To print the template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
1. Cut each of the fabrics as follows:
Square By Design™ Square – 18-1/2"x22-1/2", center motif
2 – 4-1/2"x22-1/2"
2 – 4-1/2"x26-1/2"
2 – 4-1/2"x42-1/2"
2 – 6-1/2"x30-1/2"
2 – 6-1/2"x38-1/2"
2 – 2-1/2"x50-1/2"
2 – 4-1/2"x38-1/2"
2 – 2-1/2"x30-1/2"
2 – 2-1/2"x38-1/2"
2 – 2-1/2"x18-1/2" (flange)
2 – 2-1/2"x22-1/2" (flange)
5 – 2-1/2"x width of fabric (binding)
1 – 54"x72" (backing)
2. With wrong sides together, fold the Fabric E flange pieces in half lengthwise and press. Position motif right side up. Keeping all raw edges even, pin and sew 2-1/2"x22-1/2" flange to top and bottom sides of Square. Pin and sew 2-1/2"x18-1/2" flange pieces on both sides. Flange fold should be facing the motif.
3. With right sides together, pin and sew 4-1/2"x22-1/2" Fabric A piece to top and bottom of Square with flange piece. Press seam toward Fabric A.
4. Pin and sew 4-1/2"x26-1/2" Fabric A pieces to both sides. Press seam toward Fabric A with a medium dry iron.
5. With wrong sides together, fold each Fabric D flange in half lengthwise and press. With raw edges even, pin and sew the 2-1/2"x30-1/2" flange at top and bottom of Square/motif unit.
6. Pin and sew 6-1/2"x30-1/2" Fabric B piece at top and bottom of Square/motif unit. Press seam toward Fabric B.
7. With wrong sides together, fold 2-1/2"x38-1/2" flange in half lengthwise and press. Matching raw edges, pin and sew to each long side of Square/motif unit.
8. Pin and sew a 4-1/2"x38-1/2" Fabric D piece on each side. Press toward Fabric D.
9. Pin and sew a 6-1/2"x38-1/2" Fabric C piece at top and bottom of Square/motif unit. Press toward Fabric C.
10. Pin and sew 2-1/2"x50-1/2" Fabric C piece at each side of Square/motif unit. Press toward Fabric C.
11. Pin and sew 4-1/2"x42-1/2" Fabric A piece at top and bottom.
12. Pin and sew 2-1/2"x50-1/2" Fabric C piece at each side.
Place Fabric E backing piece wrong side up. With right side up, center the sewn Square/motif unit on top. With safety pins, pin every 8"–10" to hold pieces together. Sew pieces together by stitching in the ditch, around the motif to outline the design, or where desired to hold fabrics together.
To make the binding, sew the 2-1/2" Fabric E strips together end-to-end creating one continuous strip. With wrong sides together, fold in half lengthwise and press. Matching raw edges, sew binding to the front of the throw and turn fold to the back. Finish by hand, using a blind hem stitch.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>
All swatches ship free.
There is a maximum purchase of 2 of the same swatch per order.
Swatches are excluded from coupon usage.
Swatches are not available to ship to Canada.