Stack & Spook Pumpkin Blocks
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 6 Styrofoam brand 3" foam cubes
- Acrylic paints or Fabric markers: white, black
- Mod Podge decoupage medium
- Fabric scraps: green, brown
- Fabric: 1/4 yd each of 3 orange/yellow prints
- Paintbrushes: disposable sponge, liner
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Transfer paper
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Napkin applique glue
- Optional: double-sided iron-on adhesive, iron
- Cut four 3-1/2" squares and two 3"x13" strips from each orange/yellow fabric. Center and glue squares to top and bottom of each cube. Clip corners diagonally, almost to foam. Fold and glue excess fabric down cube sides.
- Beginning and ending at center back, glue fabric strips around cube sides. Let dry.
- Following manufacturer's directions, apply one coat of Mod Podge to front of each cube to seal fabric for painting. Let dry.
- Use pencil to poke small hole in center top of each pumpkin.
- Cut six 1-1/2" squares from brown fabric. Tightly roll each square into a stem and glue 1/2" deep into holes in tops of pumpkins. Let dry. Snip off top of each stem at a 45 angle.
- Cut green fabric in half. Glue, or follow adhesive manufacturer's instructions to fuse two pieces of fabric together, wrong sides facing. Let dry/cool.
- Cut six leaves from fused fabric. Pinch straight end of each leaf together. Use the pointed tip of a pair of scissors, slide leaf end into stem hole. Spot glue to secure.
- Enlarge and transfer face patterns provided or create your own. Paint features black. Highlight eyes with white. Let dry. Note: For better control, use opaque markers to decorate pumpkins.