Stacked Gift Tree Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam brand foam 12"x18" sheets, 1" & 2" thick
- Wrapping papers of choice
- Curling ribbons of choice
- Brightly colored cardstock
- Mini ornaments
- Craft wire, 8"
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Cellophane tape
- Low-temperature hot glue gun*
*Glue gun should only be used with adult supervision.
PROJECT SIZE: Approximately 21" tall
- Cut Styrofoam sheets into rectangles; glue together to make several box-shaped gift packages of various sizes.
- Stack and arrange packages in shape of tree. Once pleased with placement, gift wrap each package individually. Tie curling ribbon bows around packages. Use hot glue gun to glue packages together in tree formation.
- Trace and cut out patterns below. Cut holly leaves from cardstock; glue to tree as desired. Glue mini ornaments and ribbon to tree, filling open areas.
- Cut two stars from cardstock; glue together with wire end sandwiched in between. Bend wire in wide spiral and press into top of tree.