Idea Market Stacked Paper Mache Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letters to spell word or name of choice
- Wooden plaque for base
- Coordinating printed scrapbook papers in gray tones one for each letter
- Acrylic paint to match one of the gray tones, and for re-painting animals
- Wooden animals
- Glue stick
- Tacky glue
1. Paint the wooden base and the letters in gray. Apply 2 coats for good coverage.
2. Lay one letter onto the front of one patterned paper and carefully trace around it with a pencil. Cut the paper inside the pencil line and make adjustments to the fit until you are satisfied. Cover the front surface of the letter with a glue stick and press the letter into place, paying attention to all the edges. Repeat for all letters.
3. Paint the wooden animals in the tones of the color scheme.
4. Glue middle letter to the base with tacky glue. Let it dry. Glue the next letter on either side, positioning them so they balance. Attaching at an angle is good, as it creates a place to glue an animal later. Continue working outward to beginning and end of word/name.
5. Embellish letters by Gluing the painted animals onto the letters.