SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam™ brand foam:
Three 3" cubes
- Coordinating scrapbook papers: 3-4 colors/styles
- Scrapbooking embellishments: words & phrases
- 12" wood dowel, 3/8"
- Metal wing nut
- 4 washers to fit dowel
- Acrylic paints to coordinate with papers
- Paint markers
- Low-temperature glue gun & glue sticks
- Black marker
1. Measure to find the center of each cube. Mark with black marker at the top and bottom. Slowly push the wood dowel through each cube. Be sure to keep the dowel straight while going through each cube.
2. Find the center of the disc. With the disc lying on the table, push the dowel into the center but do not push through the other side. Remove dowel and paint disc desired color. Let dry.
3. Glue 3"x3" squares of coordinating scrapbooking papers to completely cover all sides of the three cubes. Use a pencil to pierce the paper for the dowel hole on each cube. Trace the disc onto the paper and cut out two circles. Glue to each side of the disc and use the pencil to pierce the hole for the dowel. Cut a 1"x20" strip of paper to cover the edge of the disc. Use the paint markers to write a personal note onto the 1" strip and glue strip in place using low-temp glue.
4. Glue photos and scrapbooking embellishments to all four sides of each cube, leaving the top and bottom unembellished.
5. To assemble, lay the disc on the table and glue the dowel standing straight in the hole. Let dry. Slide a washer onto the dowel and then the three cubes with a washer in between each cube; this helps the cubes turn more freely. If the cubes are still not turning freely, try adding another washer in between. Add another washer and then the wing nut on top to finish.