Stain-Blocker Grilling Apron
30" width at base, 12" width at top / 31-1/2" length / neck tie 19-1/2" / waist ties 41"/pocket 11"w at base, 7"w at top, 8"h
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cotton Team Fabric (2 prints)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Measuring tape
- Pinking shears
1. Make a pattern using the dimensions provided.
2. Fold each tie in half right sides together. Sew long edge closed. Flip ties inside out. Press flat with seam at center back.
3. Tuck both end of each tie under and run a topstitch to close. At this point there will be 2 finished tie pieces for waist and 1 finished tie piece for neck.
4. Folder under all edges of the apron and sew a 1/2" seam allowance to clean all edges. Pink the raw fabric under side of each edge.
5. Sew ties to side of waist at desired position.
6. Sew neckline tie to the top of the apron.
7. Fold under all raw edges of pocket. Sew a stitch at the angled sides only.
8. Place pocket on desired location of apron. Stitch the pocket to the apron leaving openings for hands at the angled sides.