SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4" Blue grosgrain ribbon
- Cardstock: red, white, blue
- Self-adhesive silver paper
- Silver baking cups: large & small
- Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter & Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
- Crochet thread
- Paper trimmer
- Ruler and stylus
- Spring hole punch & self-healing mat
1. Create an assortment of layered stars from cardstock and paper.
2. Make 1-1/2" wide accordion strips from red, white and blue cardstock. Fold the strips and make a 1/4" long cut in the center of each.
3. String the colored strips onto a 10-ft length of ribbon.
4. Between each strip, tie on a star. Punch a hole in the point of each star, thread on crochet thread and tie onto the ribbon at varying lengths.
5. Make medallions for the ends of the garland using flattened silver baking cups, cardstock circles and stars. Punch two holes in the center of each medallion (like a button) and thread the end of the ribbon through. Knot the ribbon behind the medallion.