SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Deborah Norville Collection™ Everyday® Soft Worsted Yarn by Premier® Yarns:
- 1 skein Navy (A)
- 2 skeins Really Red (B)
- 1 skein Snow White (C)
- Crochet hook size H-8 [5.0 mm] or size for gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE: 12 hdc x 11 rows = 4" Square = 8"
- SQUARE: Make 2. With A, ch 3, join with a sl st to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch3, 2dc, *ch 2, 3dc; rep from * 4 times, ch 2, join with a sl st. – 5 ch-2 sps
- Rnd 2: Sl st in next 2 dc & in ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch2, 3 dc) in ch-2 sp, ch 1 [(3dc, ch2, 3dc) in next ch-2 sp, ch 1]around, join with a sl st in beg ch 3.
- Rnd 3: Sl st in next 2 dc & in ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch3, 3 dc) in ch-2 sp, sk 3 dc, sc in ch-1 sp, [(3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, sk 3 dc, sc in ch-1 sp] around, join with sl st in beg ch 3.
- Rnd 4: Sl st in next 2 dc & in ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 5, sk 3 dc, tr in sc, ch 5, **sk 3 dc, sc in ch-3 sp; rep from * around, ending last rep at **, join with sl st in beg sc.
- Rnd 5: Working in back lp only, ch1, sc in same st, sc in each st around, join with sl st in beg sc. – 60 sts.
- Rnd 6: Working in back lp only, ch1, sc in same st, sc in next 3 sts, hdc in next, dc in next 2 sts, *(2dc, ch2, 2dc) in next st (first corner made), dc in next 2 sts, hdc in next, sc in next 8 sts, hdc in next, dc in next 2 sts; rep from * twice more, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in next st, 2dc, hdc, 4 sc, join with a sl st in beg sc.
- Rnd 7: Ch3, dc in each st around working (2dc, ch 2, 2dc) in each corner ch-2 sp, join with a sl st in beg ch 3.
- Rnd 8-10: Rep Rnd 7. Fasten off.
- STRIPE SEQUENCE:
- Alt 2 rows B with 2 rows C throughout, ending with B. Beg with first color of Stripe Sequence, Chain 162 sts.
- Row 1: Hdc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc in each st to end.
- Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in each st to end.
- Rep Row 2 for patt.
- FINISHING: Weave in ends. Sew 1 Square to each short end of Stripes.
- Cut 20" lengths of fringe. Hold 3 lengths together; fold in half to form a loop on 1 end. Insert crochet hook into bottom edge of Square from back to front & pull looped end of fringe partially through the edge. Pass loose ends through loop with ends even. Pull taut. Rep across bottom edge of Square, alt colors.
- alt = alternating;
- beg = begin
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- rnd = round
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip
- sl st = slip stitch
- sp = space
- lp = loop