SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cardstock: red, white, blue
- Various patterned papers
- Small silver baking cups
- 8-1/2"x11" Self-adhesive silver glitter paper
- Rub-on alphabet letters
- Sewing machine & red thread
- Glue stick
- Zots™ self-adhesive dots
- Star template or Cricut(R) Personal Electronic Cutter with Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
- Paper trimmer
- Ruler & stylus
1. Cut a 12"x5-1/4" white cardstock rectangle. Crease 5" from the bottom and fold to create a pocket. Trim side edges if they are uneven to a 5" width.
2. Cut two 2-1/2"x5" rectangles from red checkered paper. Attach one to the front of the pocket and the other to the top of the cardstock. Attach a 1"x5" blue cardstock strip across the red checkered paper.
3. Open the cardstock; using sewing machine and red thread, stitch the horizontal pocket edge, through one thickness; tie off.
4. Stitch around the edges of the silverware caddy, beginning at top center (which will not show); tie off.
5. Cut a 7" blue star. Trim ends off bottom 2 points and glue inside the pocket as shown.
6. Create a medallion from a small silver baking cup, a red star and a silver star.
7. Add guest names with rub-on letters.