Star-Spangled Table Runner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 6 patriotic print cotton fabrics, 3/4 yds each
- 1 pkg. cotton batting, twin bed size
- Fabri-Tac glue
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Optional: Paper & pencil to make pattern
- Cut six pieces of batting 22" x 27". Sandwich one batting piece in between one piece of fabric folded in half. Pin to hold in place. Repeat for the other five fabrics and the remaining batting pieces.
- Draw your favorite star shape or enlarge the attached pattern.
- Draw the star patterns on the layered fabric making an assortment of 13", 10" and 8" stars. Leave at least an inch between stars. The featured table runner used each size star made in each fabric.
- Sew along the drawn line.
- Cut the stars out 1/2" from the seam line and clip the seam allowance every 1/2" to fringe the edge.
- Machine wash and dry the stars to fluff the edges.
- Arrange the stars as desired and use Fabri-Tac to glue the stars together where they overlap. Enlargement percentage may vary depending on how sheet is printed. Please enlarge pattern so width from tip to tip is 8", 10" and 13" for each of the star sizes.