Star Wall Art
- FloraCraft&Foam: Sheet: 1”x12”x36”
- Satin fabric: copper
- Scrapbook paper: glittered copper (2) textured cream (2)
- Adhesive scrapbook embellishments
- Acrylic paint: black
- Glitter: black
- Felt: black (15”x15” square)
- Design It: &Foam Cutter or serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun glue sticks
1. Measure and cut the 36&sheet into three 12&x12&squares with the serrated knife.
2. Draw a star onto a 12&x12&piece of cardstock to create a template. Cut out the star from the cardstock and pin to one of the 12&x12&foam squares.
3. Use the StyroCutter&Plus to cut out the star shape. Use the cardstock template as a straight edge. Be sure to hold the blade at a 90-degree angle to the template to get a smooth, even edge. Repeat to cut out the second star. Save the scrap pieces of foam.
4. Use the star template to cut out stars from the two styles of scrapbook paper. Glue the paper stars to the foam stars. Cut 1&strips of the papers and glue to cover the edge of the stars. Add scrapbook embellishments to embellish.
5. Glue felt to cover the front and sides of the last 12&x12&square. Trim the felt at the corners so that they are straight and square. Adding the felt to the foam square first creates a smooth surface for the satin fabric to wrap onto. This gives a clean smooth appearance to the satin.
6. Cut a 16&x16&piece of satin. Glue the satin to the front and sides of the felt covered square. Pull the satin snug and fold the corners, as if it were a gift, for smooth clean corners. Glue the satin edges at the back of the foam square.
7. Draw a 4&star, a 3&star and a 2-1/2&star onto cardstock. Cut out the templates and pin to the reserved scrap foam pieces. Cut the stars out using the StyroCutter&. Paint the edges of all the stars black. While the paint is wet, sprinkle with glitter. The paint will secure the glitter as it dries. Use the templates to cut stars from the cream paper. Glue the paper stars to cover the front of the foam stars. Glue the stars to the square. Add embellishments below the stars to finish.