SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting supplies:
- One-Step Tie-Dye Kit, Bright
- 3D Fashion Paint, Silver Metallics
- Scribbles dimensional fabric paint, Silver Iridescent
- Fashion Form
- Surface Cover
- White cotton Jerzees T-shirt
- Paper towels
- Sheets of paper
- Disposable cup
- Plastic wrap
- 3 spray bottles
- Small paintbrush
- Washer & dryer
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo.
- Protect work surface with Surface Cover. Cover with a layer of paper towels. Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheet. Dry in dryer.
- Cover Fashion Form with plastic wrap. Insert Fashion Form between layers of T-shirt to keep dye from seeping through. Put on plastic gloves from kit. Add water to dye bottles to line indicated. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved. Pour each dye into a spray bottle.
- Pinch fabric together on left shoulder with clothespin to form center of starburst.
- Pinch a pleat from top to the bottom of the shirt. Lay paper towels over both sides of the pleat to prevent overspray. Spray one of the dyes over the pleat, from the top to the bottom. Remove paper towels.
- Continue to pleat and spray in every direction with each dye, being careful to use paper towels each time to prevent overspray.
- Release clothespin. Cover the shirt with plastic wrap to keep damp. Let set 6 to 8 hours.
- Fill washer to large load setting with cold water and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash & dry separately.
- Place dyed shirt on covered work surface. Squeeze lines of Silver Metallic paint along dye lines. Press with a piece of paper to flatten.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon of Iridescent Silver paint into disposable cup. Thin with water to a milky consistency. Drizzle paint onto shirt to accent starburst. Allow to dry thoroughly. Wash separately for the first few washes.