Stars and Stripes Table Crafts
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars&®:Premier No. 5 Micro-Tip ScissorsPaper CrimperHand Punch-1/4" StarLever Punch-XL StarLever Punch-XL Circle
- Light blue cardstock
- Deep red cardstock
- White or cream cardstock
- Red & blue striped straws
- Fishing line
- Glue dots
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Cut 3" x 4" pieces of cardstock varying between light blue and red. Create a long, finely cut 2-1/2" deep fringe with Fiskars&® Premier No. 5 Micro-Tip Scissors. The fringe will naturally bend a little.
2. Place adhesive on one side of 1/2" uncut portion of cardstock.
3. Adhere one side of fringe to the top 1/2" portion of a straw. Wrap the fringe around as many times as possible, adhere the second side down.
4. Cut firecrackers to a variety of lengths and arrange them in small glass jars or stick them into cupcakes, buckets of sand, a plate of butter or anything else to decorate the table.
1. Trim 1" x 8" strips of light blue and deep red colored cardstock. Run through Fiskars&® Paper Crimper.
2. Use Fiskars&® Hand Punch-1/4" Star to punch six stars evenly spaced on each strip.
3. Cut 3/4" x 8" strips of white cardstock. Adhere to the inside of the colored cardstock so the white shows through the punched-out star holes.
4. Surround the cupcake with this combined strip and adhere ends with a glue dot.
Stars and Stripes Banner
1. Punch shapes out of light blue, deep red, and white cardstock using Fiskars&® Lever Punch-XL Star and Fiskars&® Lever Punch-XL Circle.
2. Cut out 1-1/2" x 7" strips of all three cardstock colors to use as stripes.
3. Cut out seven triangles that are 6" across the top and 7" long. Adhere circles, stripes, and stars in various patterns.
4. Sew the triangles on to fishing line leaving an inch between each piece. Try not to allow the banner to pile up behind the sewing machine or they will become quite tangled!