Stars and Stripes Turban
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Navy polka dot knit fabric
- Red & white striped knit fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut a 4“x18“ strip of fabric out of each knit fabric.
2. With right sides up, lay the two strips of fabric on top of each other to make a T-shape. Then fold the top part of the vertical strip down to the bottom part, folding it over the horizontal strip.
3. Pull the ends away from the center. The center will have the two connected strips looped together to create a “knot.“
4. Wrap the turban around head (with the “knot“ at the center of forehead) and determine length necessary. Sew all four loose ends together to make the full headband. It should be fitted nicely around the head.