Stay Dry Coasters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique:
- 10"x10" Green PUL Fabric
- 10"x10" Green Stay-Dri™ Wicking Fabric
- 60" Red Dot Fold Over Elastic (FOE)
- 10"x10" cotton batting
- Red polyester thread
- Dritz® Iron-on soft flock lettering
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- PDF pattern sheet
1. To print the pattern for coaster, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. Layer fabrics as follows: PUL, right side down; batting; wicking fabric, right side up. Position circle pattern over layers and pin. Cut along pattern edge. Remove pins and reposition pattern to cut remaining coasters.
3. For each cut-out coaster, pin the layers together then baste around a scant 1/2" from edge.
4. Arrange letters on wicking side of each coaster; then, following package instructions, press in place. Make sure the letters are inside of the basting stitches or FOE will cover them when it is attached.
5. Encase edge of coasters with FOE and pin at starting point. Set machine to a medium width zigzag and start stitching FOE to coaster. Do not stretch when stitching.
6. Continue stitching FOE around coaster, stopping about 1/2" before starting point. Trim FOE so the edges overlap about 1/2" and finish stitching. Zigzag over cut edge to finish. Repeat for remaining coasters.