Stay Dry Ghost Costume
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:
- 13?4 yds white PUL fabric
- 1 pkg white ruffle elastic for girl ghost
- 9"x12" black felt
- Dritz® notions:
- Mark-B-Gone™ or disappearing ink marking pen
- Original Liquid Stitch™
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Tape measure
1. Fold fabric lengthwise; align selvage edges. Secure with pins or clips. Fold along width; align selvages & first folded edges together. Secure again.
2. At folded corner, measure 29" along fold & mark. Continue to mark 29" from corner in an arc, using tape measure & pen like a compass. Finished costume has 58"diameter. For shorter costume, mark a smaller arc.
3. Cut along arc line. Do not unfold. Start at corner fold. Measure out 13?4" & mark neck hole. For larger child, mark at 2". Cut along neckline. Cut 3" slit at neck front.
4. Cut 2 eyes & mouth from black felt in shapes desired. Position on front of costume; glue in place.
5. Armholes: Place costume on child & evenly distribute folds. Mark where costume hits waist at sides. Make a 4"-6" slit at each mark.
6. Girl ghost: Start at back of neck. Pin ruffled elastic to neckline. Align fabric neck edge & top of elastic. Fold elastic 90° at top & bottom edges of slit. Stitch just inside of bottom ruffle on elastic. Trim excess PUL behind elastic close to stitching line.