1. Fold fabric lengthwise; align selvage edges. Secure with pins or clips. Fold along width; align selvages & first folded edges together. Secure again.
2. At folded corner, measure 29" along fold & mark. Continue to mark 29" from corner in an arc, using tape measure & pen like a compass. Finished costume has 58"diameter. For shorter costume, mark a smaller arc.
3. Cut along arc line. Do not unfold. Start at corner fold. Measure out 13?4" & mark neck hole. For larger child, mark at 2". Cut along neckline. Cut 3" slit at neck front.
4. Cut 2 eyes & mouth from black felt in shapes desired. Position on front of costume; glue in place.
5. Armholes: Place costume on child & evenly distribute folds. Mark where costume hits waist at sides. Make a 4"-6" slit at each mark.
6. Girl ghost: Start at back of neck. Pin ruffled elastic to neckline. Align fabric neck edge & top of elastic. Fold elastic 90° at top & bottom edges of slit. Stitch just inside of bottom ruffle on elastic. Trim excess PUL behind elastic close to stitching line.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>