Steppin' Out Glitzy Sneakers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip®:One-Step Dye™: Turquoise & BlackGlam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals, 300 count ClearGlam-It-Up!™ Deluxe Crystal Heat Setter
- White sneakers
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Disposable bowls (2)
- Craft sponge
1. Cover work surface with disposable plastic table cover. Remove shoelaces from sneakers.
2. Prepare dyes as directed and pour each color into a bowl.
3. Dip toe end of sneaker into the turquoise dye. Let dye saturate for a few minutes.
4. Lift up and let excess dye drain.
5. Take dampened sponge and carefully blend color into the white area. Prop up shoe with toe side down for few minutes.
6. Carefully dip the back end of shoe into the black dye. Let dye saturate for a few minutes. Lift up and drain.
7. Carefully blend the edge of black into the white area of shoe for a smooth gradation. Let set 6-8 hours.
8. Rinse shoes in cool running water until water runs clear. Machine wash in cold water. Air-dry.
9. Position crystals as desired on shoe and set with crystal heat setter.