Sterling Elegance Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: bent-nose, flat-nose round-nose
- Two 7mm jump rings
- One 6mm closed jump ring
- 1 pkg 4mm jump rings
- Eyepins, 1 pkg each: 1" & 2"
- Two 18" sterling-plated chains
- 4 sterling-plated bead frames
- One 60mm sterling-plated pendant
- Four 11/0 round seed beads
- 1 pkg of 8mm crystal beads, 1 color
- 1 pkg each 6mm crystal beads, 2 colors
- 1 pkg each 4mm crystal beads, 2 colors
- Find center of one piece of chain. Separate links at center to make 2 separate chains.
- Add a 7mm jump ring at center between the 2 chains. Combine chains and add large pendant to center 7mm jump ring.
- On 1 side of necklace, separate links 1" away from center pendant. Attach a 4mm jump ring to one link.
- Attach a 2" eyepin to 4mm jump ring. Thread one bead frame onto eyepin. Thread one 11/0 seed bead, one 6mm crystal bead and one 11/0 seed bead in center of bead frame. Make a simple loop. Trim wire.
- Attach one 4mm jump ring to loop on bead frame and connect to chain.
- Separate links 1" away from bead frame. Attach a 4mm jump ring. Thread one 6mm crystal to 1" eyepin. Make a simple loop. Trim excess wire. Attach eyepin to 4mm jump ring.
- Attach 4mm to the end of the cut piece of chain. Attach the jump ring to the opposite end of the beaded eyepin.
- Separate links 1-1/2" away from last bead. Add jump ring and beaded eyepin to links using the same technique for previous bead. This time use a 4mm crystal bead.
- Separate links 2" away from last bead. Add jump rings and beaded eyepin to links in the same manner as previous bead using a 4mm crystal bead.
- Repeat steps 3-10 for opposite side of necklace. Set necklace aside.
- Find middle of chain. Separate links to make two separate chains.
- Add a 4mm jump ring to the end of each chain at center.
- Thread a 8mm crystal bead onto 1" eyepin. Make a simple loop at end of eyepin. Attach beaded eyepin to 4mm jump rings to combine chains.
- Separate links 1" away from center bead. Add jump rings and beaded eyepin using a 4mm crystal bead. Follow the same technique used for previous bead.
- Separate links 1" away from last bead.
- Add a 4mm jump ring to end of chain. Thread one 2" eyepin through bead frame. Thread one 8mm crystal bead on eyepin in center of bead frame. Make a simple loop at end of eyepin. Attach bead frame to 4mm jump ring.
- Attach opposite end of bead frame to free end of cut chain using a 4mm jump ring.
- Separate links 1-1/2" away from bead frame.
- Add jump rings and beaded eyepin using a 6mm crystal bead following same technique used earlier.
- Remove extra links at end of necklace chain so that only 3" of chain remains at each end.
JOIN NECKLACE #1 AND #2
- Attach a 7mm jump ring to one end of Necklace #1 (end without clasp). Attach one end of necklace #2 to same 7mm jump ring.
- Attach one 6mm closed jump ring to 7mm jump ring for closure.
- Attach a 4mm jump ring to opposite end of necklace #2. Attach the 4mm jump ring to the jump ring below the clasp on necklace #1.