Stitched Window Greeting Cards
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Note cards or cardstock: variety of colors
- Paper scraps
- Buckles or ribbon labels
- Ribbons to fit buckles or ribbon labels
- Embellishments: appliques, charms, stickers, ghost shapes
- Greetings: rub-ons, stickers, or metal
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Glue dots and adhesive
- Sewing machine and thread
- Ink pad and chalk (optional)
- Make a cardstock pattern for the 1-1/2"x1-1/2" window. Trace it on the inside of the card and cut with a craft knife and metal ruler.
- Stitch several times around the opening; pull threads to inside of card and tie off.
- Cut a 2"x2" piece of contrasting cardstock and adhere it behind window. (If desired, edges of inside panel and edges of card can be inked or chalked for added interest.) Attach embellishment to contrasting cardstock in window.
- Slide ribbon through buckle, and attach to front of card. Cut a short slit along the fold of the card to slip ribbon through to the inside of the card; adhere in place.
- Add sentiment to bottom of card.