1. Cut a one-yard length of the thicker (24-gauge) gold beading wire. String two 2mm goldstone beads onto the wire.
2. Cut four one-foot lengths of the thin (28-gauge) wire.
3. After the two beads strung in Step 1, wrap the thin wire onto the thicker wire a few times to secure. Keep wraps as even as possible. Cut off the excess wire on the SMALL end, leaving the long tail of thin wire intact.
4. String two more 2mm beads. With a new piece of thin wire, wrap around the thick wire similar to Step 3, and trim.
5. Continue this way until you’ve strung 8 2mm beads and used 4 pieces of thin wire. Bring the end of the thick wire around and wrap it onto itself to form a very small loop. This loop should contain 4 sets of 2 beads each, each set situated and what will become the North, South, East, and West points of the earring. The thin wires should be radiating out of this inner loop, at Northeast, Southeast, Northwest and Northeast.
6. Start beading the next row by adding four 2mm goldstone beads, then wrapping twice with the nearest thin wire. Four more beads, two more wraps with the thin wire, and so on. Repeat until 16 beads are strung on this loop.
7. Continue adding rows of beads in this manner, changing the colors and using the picture as a guide.
8. On the fifth row, begin to add more beads so they arc out from the center and start to form the basis of the quatrefoil shape.
9. String the outer row so that there is space between it and the inner rows, shaping the wire into the quatrefoil shape.
10. Tie off and trim the wires, and add an earhook at the top. Repeat for the other earring.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.