Stonehill Windchime Wall Hanging or Throw
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Stonehill Collection Windchime fabrics, 12 coordinating colors:
- 1 yd Large blue floral
- 1/2 yd Large pink floral
- 1/2 yd Medium pink floral
- 1/2 yd Blue leaf
- 7/8 yd Blue stripe (Includes 1/2 yd for binding)
- 3/8 yd Pink stripe
- 3/8 yd Teal dot
- 3/8 yd Pink dot
- 3/8 yd Blue dot
- 3/8 yd Teal monochromatic floral
- 3/8 yd Pink monochromatic floral
- 3/8 yd Green monochromatic floral
- 3 yds Backing fabric
- Twin-size quilt batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Note: All dimensions on the diagram at the end of the pattern are cut to size. The number at the top of each column is the width of each cut in that column.
- Cut rectangles and strips following the measurements on the diagram and referring to the photo. All measurements include 1/4" seam allowance. Combine large and medium florals, patterns, dots and stripes using the color photo as your guide. Or use your own layout if desired.
- Some squares and rectangles have one or more smaller squares or rectangles appliqued on them. After cutting these smaller squares and rectangles, press seam allowance under 1/4" on all sides and stitch in place.
- If one of the prints shadows through an upper layer, trim out the center of the fabric on the wrong side so it is about 1/4" away from the stitching.
- Following the diagram, piece rectangles and squares together into vertical rows. Stitch these rows together to complete the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind. Cut binding strips 2-1/2" wide from blue stripe.