Stowe X-Hatch Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Naturally Caron 9-oz Country yarn: Shown in Spruce
- Knitting needles size US 9 (5 mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Cable needle
- Stitch holder
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
SIZE: Scarf measures approx. 10"x61"
GAUGE: In pattern st, 18 sts and 22 rows = 4"
Garter st: Knit every row.
4-stitch Front Cable (C4F): Slip 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in front, purl next 2 sts, knit 2 sts from
4-stitch Back Cable (C4B): Slip 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in back, knit next 2 sts, purl 2 sts from
4-st Cable: Slip 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in back, knit next 2 sts, knit 2 sts from cable needle.
3-st Bobble Cluster:
Cast on 1 st.
Row 1 (RS): (K1, p1, k1, p1, k1) in same st—5 sts.
Row 2 and all WS rows: Slip 1, p4.
Rows 3, 5 and 7: Slip 1, k4.
Row 9: K2tog, k1, k2tog—3 sts.
Row 10: P3tog, turn. Fold Bobble in half, WS tog. Insert right-hand needle into cast-on st and knit it
together with remaining st of Bobble—1 st.
Repeat Rows 1–10 twice more, leaving last st on needle.
- The Bobble Edges are knit first.
- The first Edge is worked separate and grafted on when the scarf is completed.
- The second Edge is included in the scarf pattern.