1. Cut 1 – 48"x14" strip of Taffeta for band.
2. Fold band in half lengthwise with right sides together.
3. Sew on 1 long edge and 1 short edge. Turn right side out through the open short edge and press.
4. Pleat closed short edge to 3". Stitch the soft side of the Velcro on the inside of the band over the pleat. At this point, place the band around the chair and measure to see how it fits. It should be fairly tight around the chair. Fold the open short edge to the backside of the band 1/4", then again enough to make a tight fit. Pleat to 3" and stitch the rough side of the Velcro™ on the outside of the band.
5. For the bow, cut 2 strips of Taffeta - 48"x7-1/2". To angle the edges of the strip fold the top corner down even with the bottom.
6. Crease the fold. Open the fold up and cut on the crease.
7. Repeat on the side and then on the second strip, making sure the angles are all going in the same direction.
8. With right sides together, stitch the bow pieces together leaving a 3" opening in the middle of one long edge.
9. Trim the corners, turn right sides out and press. Hand stitch the opening closed.
10. Fold the bow in half lining up the angled edges. Measure 12" from the fold, draw a line down and stitch on the line.
11. Open the bow out and stitch down the center.
12. Cut a piece of Taffeta 2"x5" for the bow loop. Fold in half lengthwise with right sides together and stitch together on the long raw edges. Turn and press.
13. Wrap the loop around the center of the bow getting the loop tight around the bow. Hand-stitch the loop on the back of the bow.
14. Place the band on the chair and hand stitch the bow on to the outside of the band.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >