SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd of nine coordinating fabrics for banners
- 1 yard fabric for bias binding/string
- One pkg. Pellon® Wonder Under 805R (2 yards per package)
- One sheet 8-1/2"x11" paper for template
- Pencil or pen
- Basic sewing/quilting supplies
1. Fold 8-1/2"x11" sheet of paper in half with long edges even. Draw a line from one upper, outside corner to the bottom of the fold. Repeat from the opposite upper, outside corner. Cut out on the drawn lines for the banner template.
2. Cut two 8-1/2"x11" rectangles from each fabric and one 8-1/2"x11" rectangle from the fusible webbing. Follow manufacturer’s directions and fuse rectangles together.
3. Trace banner template on the fused pieces. Cut along drawn lines. Make 13.
4. Cut five 2-1/2" strips on the diagonal for the bias binding/string. Stitch short ends together with right sides together. (Need approximately 200".)
5. Press seam allowances open. With wrong sides together and long edges even, fold and press bias binding/string. Open up fold and bring raw edges to the fold line. Press.
6. Insert banners in desired order. Start banner placement from the center and work out towards ends. Pin. Stitch along open ends of bias binding/string encasing banners as needed.