Striped Keyhole Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand®:
- Vanna's Choice® (1 ball each), Purple (A), Dusty Purple (B) or colors of choice
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Circular knitting needle size 9 (5.5 mm), 29" (73.5 cm) long
About 5"x28" (13 x 71 cm)
16 stitches = about 4" (10 cm) in Garter stitch (knit every row)
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
* The Scarf is worked in Garter stitch (knit every row). Garter stitch is reversible, so the Scarf will look good on both sides.
* Because of the number of stitches, the Scarf is worked back and forth in rows on a circular needle. Work back and forth on the circular needle as if working on straight needles.
* Stitches are bound off and then cast back on to make a keyhole opening in Scarf.
* When changing color, carry the color not being used along the side edge of the piece, ready for the next time it is needed.
With A, cast on 112 stitches.
Rows 1 and 2: With A, knit.
Rows 3 and 4: With B, knit.
Repeat Rows 1-4 until piece measures about 2-1/2" (6 cm) from beginning, end with Row 2 as the last row you work.
Next Row: With B, knit 22, bind off 6 stitches, knit to end of row.
Next Row: With B, knit 84, *insert right hand needle into the space between the first and second stitches on the left hand needle; wrap yarn and pull through (as if knitting) to make a new stitch; slip this new stitch onto the left hand needle; repeat from * 5 more times (so that you have cast on 6 new stitches to replace the 6 that were bound off), then knit to end of row.
Repeat Rows 1-4 until piece measures 5" (13 cm) from beginning, end with a Row 2 as the last row you work.
With A, bind off.
Weave in ends.