Striped Pillow Sham
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Quilting fabric cotton prints:
- Eleven assorted 2-1/2"x16-1/2 strips
- 1/3 yd for outside borders
- 1/4 yd for inside borders
- 2/3 yd for back
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- With right sides together stitch eleven strips together with 1/4" seam allowance.
- From inner border fabric, cut three 1" strips crosswise across fabric. Cut two 16-1/2" pieces from one strip. Stitch to ends of strip set. From remaining strips, cut two 23-3/4" strips. Stitch to top and bottom of strip set.
- From outer border fabric, cut three 2-3/4" strips. From one strip, cut two 17-1/2" pieces. Stitch to sides of strip set. From remaining strips, cut two 28-1/2" strips. Stitch to top and bottom of strip set.
- From backing fabric, cut two 17"x22" rectangles. On each rectangle, fold 1/2" to inside along one 17" side. Press. Opening up pressed edge, slip raw edge in toward pressed line. Fold and stitch to encase raw edge.
- With right sides together and raw edges even, stitch back rectangles to pieced top, using a 1/2" seam allowance. Finished edges will overlap in center of pillow sham.