SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint:
- Petal Pink, Platinum Metallic
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter®:
- Silver Fine Jewel
- White cotton fabric
- 1" white elastic
- Safety pin
- 2" painter’s tape
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut fabric to the desired width and length, leaving 2" margins on all sides for hemming.
2. Apply painter’s tape to the fabric in 2" increments to create the rows for the painted stripes. Leave the top and bottom hems unpainted to make the sewing easier.
3. On a covered surface, brush on Petal Pink between tape rows. Allow to dry completely.
4. Remove the tape and use a pencil to outline desired positions for glitter hearts.
5. Paint one heart Platinum following pencil outline. Apply paint liberally to provide adequate coverage and hold for glitter. While the heart is still wet, apply glitter generously over the area.
6. Repeat the process for additional hearts. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
7. Shake off the excess glitter and prepare to sew.
8. Hem the bottom of skirt and sew a seam up the back leaving 2" at the top free.
9. Create a basic casing with the top 2", leaving enough space to slide elastic through. Once the casing is complete, attach a safety pin to elastic and thread it through the casing. Sew the loose ends of elastic together and finish casing.