Strung Bead Wed
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted Black Beads
- Black Facetted Rondelles
- Black 6/0 Seed Beads
- Black 24-gauge wire
- Black 26-gauge wire
- Wire Cutters
- Round-nose Pliers
- Thumbtacks or small nails
1. Start by cutting several lengths of black 24-gauge wire as follows:
a. 4 pieces, each 28" long
b. 1 piece, 35" long
2. Bend each one in half to make right angles.
3. Match up two pairs of 28" wires so each pair is lying together. Twist the pairs together to create the main framework of the web. Each “arm" of the web is two pieces twisted together to give it strength.
4. Hold the two right angles of twisted pieces together, take the 35" piece of wire and wrap it around the center of the two wires to secure them together. Weave it around the other wires to securely hold all the wires together at this center point.
5. Once securely held together, twist the ends of the 35" piece to create the fifth and center “arm" of the web.
6. Cut a 6" piece of 26-gauge black wire and wrap it on to the frame, close to the center. Add beads to reach to the adjacent arm and wrap around that arm. Add beads to reach to the next arms and wrap around it. Repeat until all 5 arms are wrapped. Cut the wire.
7. Repeat this process with slightly longer pieces of wire each time, filling in the spider web. It is important to maintain the outer arms at right angles to one another, as the natural tendency of the wire is to be pulled together.
8. Once 10"-12" worth of filling in beads have been created, trim the ends of the arms and curl them into spiral shapes.
9. Mount on the inside top corner of a doorframe or window with thumbtacks or small nails.