Style In An Instant Girl's Dress with Pom Pom Straps
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 28” Shirred fabric for blue plaid dress
- 30” Shirred fabric for blue ombre dress
- One package single fold bias tape to match the fabric
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
- Pom Pom trim
1. Straighten both cut edges before beginning.
2. With right sides together, pin the elasticized section of the yardage together along the raw edges. At the top, match the small ruffled edge. Also match each elasticized row where they meet.
3. Pin the raw edges of the flat section together from the base borders or print where possible.
4. Straight stitch the center back seam using a 1/2" seam allowance. Make a second row of stitching 1/4" from the raw edges so the seam is prevented from curling. Use a zigzag stitch to finish the raw edges.
5. Straps: Cut two pieces of pom pom trim long enough for straps. Try the dress on and pin the straps in place as desired. Adjust the length and tuck the raw ends to the inside. Stitch the straps as pinned from the right side and trim off the excess. Tip: Topstitch along two of the elastic rows for added strength. Place button on outside front at base of straps. Stitch in place.