Measure before purchasing yardage! Measure the hips at the fullest point. Add 12" to 18" to determine the amount needed in inches. You may need to match larger patterns.
1. Follow steps 2 through 4 to cut the jumpsuit.
2. Cut out the patterns for the pants if you have not already done so. Draw 2 lines in the center of the front and the back pattern pieces 2 1/2" apart and parallel to the grain line of the pieces. Fold the patterns so the lines match to make a pleat. Tape the pleats in place.
3. If the pants pattern does not have a tapered leg, determine the desired width of the lower edge of the pants leg and add 1 1/4" for seam allowance. Measure in evenly from the side seams just above the hemline and mark the side edges so the lower edge is the correct width. Draw lines from below the hip area to these marks to taper the leg.
4. Place the pattern piece on the shirred fabric with the top seam line along the bottom row of the waist gathering stitches. Align the center front or back seam in the center of the motif on the fabric if necessary. Pin the center front or back edges and the side edges to the shirred area. Carefully flatten the fabric and pin the inside leg seam in place. Draw lines from the center and side edges to the top edge of the fabric. Cut out two fronts and two backs reversing the pattern for the second pieces.
5. Follow steps 6 through 10 to make the jumpsuit.
6. With right sides together, stitch the fronts together along the center seam. Stitch the backs together in the same manner. Finish the seam allowances with zigzag stitching.
7. With right sides together, stitch the fronts to the backs along the side seams. Make any adjustments to the seam so the jumpsuit fits. Finish the seam allowances with zigzag stitching.
8. Determine the hemline of the pants and add 1". Trim the lower edge to this length. Turn under 1/2" and then 1/2" again. Stitch along the top edge of the hem.
9. Beginning and ending at the inner leg seam, pin the lace to the lower edge of the pants. Stitch the ends of the lace together, trim the seam allowance to 1/4" and zigzag finish it. Stitch the lace in place.
10. For optional straps, cut two pieces of lace the length needed to go over the shoulders between the top of the front to the top of the back plus 4". Zigzag stitch along the ends of the lace. Try on the jumpsuit and place the ends of the lace 2" under the top edge of the jumpsuit. Pin the straps in place. Stitch along the top edge of the gathers. Stitch again along the third row of gathers.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>