1. Measure the bust or chest, measuring all around the body. Subtract 2" from this measurement. This is the amount of fabric needed. Note: When purchasing fabric be sure to measure from the SHIRRED side of fabric to purchase the correct yardage.
2. Cut fabric 24" from bottom edge of shirring and finish raw edge with a 1 1/4" hem.
3. With the RIGHT sides of the fabric facing each other, match and pin the cut edges together, forming a tube.
4. Using a straight machine stitch, stitch the pinned edge in a 1/2" seam. Press seam to blend stitching, and then press the seam open.
5. Cut rhinestone elastic trim in half, so you have two pieces of equal length. While wearing dress, place trim on shoulders as desired, with trim ends on WRONG side of bodice front and back. Pin in place.
6. With hand sewing needle, stitch trim in place securely in front and back to form shoulder straps.
7. Pin ruffle mesh trim to dress hem by aligning edge of elastic in trim with the hem of the dress. Stitch as close to edge as possible, so that half of the trim is sticking out the bottom of the dress.
1. Determine desired length of skirt and hem leftover fabric from dress using a 1 1/4" hem. Note: In order to preserve border print, cut length from top of fabric.
2. With the RIGHT sides of the fabric facing each other, match and pin the cut edges together, forming a tube.
3. Using a straight machine stitch, stitch the pinned edge in a 1/2" seam. Press seam to blend stitching, and then press the seam open.
4. Cut a piece of textured elastic trim to the length of the waist measurement minus 1".
5. Stitch two rows of gathering stitches (increase stitch length to longest length option) at the top of the fabric tube. Gather tube to 4" longer than the length of the elastic.
6. With the RIGHT sides of the elastic facing each other, match and pin the cut edges together, forming a tube.
7. Using a straight machine stitch, stitch the pinned edge in a 1/2" seam. Press seam open using a low temperature setting.
8. Divide the gathered skirt top into four equal sections using a pin to mark each section. Do the same with the elastic tube.
9. Pin the WRONG side of elastic to the RIGHT side of skirt, having lower edge of elastic 1/2" below gathering lines, matching centers. Make sure to place pins on OUTSIDE of fabric. You will notice that the elastic is smaller than the skirt fabric.
10. On the OUTSIDE with the needle1/2” above lower edge of elastic, stitch elastic to skirt, carefully stretching elastic as you sew between each pin parking, removing each pin as you go. Stretch the elastic in front of the needle as well as behind it to avoid needle breakage.
11. Pin ruffle mesh trim to skirt hem by aligning edge of elastic in trim with the hem of the skirt. Stitch as close to edge as possible, so that half of the trim is sticking out the bottom of the skirt.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>