Finished size: 13" wide and 12" long.
1. Cut from main print fabric:
One 13"x14" for Front Panel
One 7"x14" for Pocket 2
Cut from coordinating fabric:
One 9"x14" for Pocket 1
One 13"x14" for Back Panel
Cut from low loft batting:
One 12"x14" for Back Panel (optional)
Cut from heavy interfacing:
2. Along the top edge of each pocket panel make a finished edge by folding under 1/4" to the wrong side. Press. Fold again 1/4" and press.
3. Topstitch the finished edges on each pocket.
4. Place Pocket Panel 2 on top of Pocket Panel 1 matching sides and bottom edges. Measure 5" from the left. Use a marking pencil or chalk to draw the stitch line from the top of Pocket Panel 2 to the bottom edge. This makes two pockets on this panel. Desire more pockets? Add another stitch line.
5. Stitch from the top to the bottom of Pocket Panel 2. This will create two pockets. Brush away chalk marks.
6. Place the pocket panels on the front panel. With a 1/4" seam allowance sew the sides and bottom of the pocket panels to the front panel. This step will keep the pockets in place and eliminate "walking" when all the layers are sewn together.
7. With batting on the bottom, layer batting, pocket panels, and back panel with right sides together. Pin sides and across the bottom. Use a 1/4" seam allowance and sew along the sides and bottom. Clip corners and turn right side out.
8. Press the top edges to the inside at least 1/2". Insert the heavy interfacing between the open edges along the top. Stitch in place 1/4" from the edge. Stitch again close to the fabric edge.
9. To use, slip interfacing underneath mattress.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >