Stylish Stenciled Storage Bins
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt Paints:
- Acrylic -- Wicker White, Licorice, Parisian Pink, Pumpkin
- Artist's Pigment -- Yellow Citron
- Plaid chandelier silhouette stencil
- Large unfinished wood storage bin w/lid
- 2 unfinished wood storage bins
- Flat paintbrushes
- Stencil brushes
- Rhinestones: Clear, Pink
- Wood ball knobs: one 2-1/2", four 2"
- Wood glue
- Hot glue gun
- Painters' tape
- Clear gloss acrylic spray
- Gently sand rough edges and inside handles of storage bins.
- Basecoat bins Wicker White. Once dry, apply a second coat. Let dry.
- Paint edges of bins and lid, inside handle openings, and ball knobs Parisian Pink. Allow to dry.
- Paint 3/8" stripes on sides of each small bin Parisian Pink. Allow to dry.
- Stencil a damask pattern on lid of large bin in Licorice with medallion motif stencil as shown. To create the smaller fleur-de-lis designs, use only one corner of the medallion motif stencil design.
- Stencil two chain links and chandelier designs on a non-handle side of large bin in Licorice (tape off diamond sections on bottom of chandelier stencil before stenciling). Allow to dry. Stencil small corner designs and dots from medallion motif stencil (same as lid) onto front in Licorice. Allow to dry.
- Place chandelier stencil back onto front and stencil dangling diamond sections with Parisian Pink, Pumpkin and Yellow Citron. Allow to dry.
- Stencil remaining sides of large bin with a coordinating medallion motif design in Licorice as desired.
- Stencil sides of small bins with the Beautiful, leaf and medallion motif designs in Licorice as desired. Allow to dry.
- Apply wood glue to knobs. Refer to photo. Attach large knob to large bin lid top and small knobs to bottom.
- Spray bins with acrylic coating. Allow to dry.
- Attach rhinestones to chandelier diamonds and centers of medallion motif designs as desired.