SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12"x36" white Styrofoam™ sheet
- Three 12"x12" Sheets of printed scrapbook paper for background
- Two 12"x12" Sheets of printed scrapbook paper for letters
- Ready-made frame
- Ready-to-finish wood letters
- Acrylic paint to coordinate with letter paper
- Floral stems
- Chenille stems
- Ribbon and/or lace
- Embellishments (butterflies / silk flowers)
- Tacky glue
- Sponge brush
- Straight pins or floral pins
1. Glue the three 12"x12" sheets of background scrapbook paper to front of Styrofoam™ sheet and straight pin the corners until glue is dry.
2. Trace wood letters onto the back of scrapbook paper and cut out. Paint the outer edges of the letters with acrylic paint. When dry, use glue to adhere the paper letters to the front of the wooden letters.
3. Remove the backing & glass from the ready-made frame. Position photo/frame and glue down the photo to the design paper covered Styrofoam™ sheet. Place the frame over the photo, adhere with chenille stems at adjacent corners and run the chenille stems through the Styrofoam™ to be twist tied in the back to secure.
4. Glue the letters into place.
5. Decorate frame and letters with flowers and embellishments.
6. Pin & glue lace or ribbon around the outer edge of the wall hanging.
7. Using two pieces of chenille stem, create and glue hooks in the back of the Styrofoam™ to tie hanging ribbon.