SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam™ brand foam balls: one each 5", 4" 3", 1½"; six 1"
- Design It:® Foam Cutter or serrated knife
- Quilt batting
- Small wiggle eyes
- Small orange pompom for nose
- 2 coordinating wire-edged ribbons
- Wood picks
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1 holiday floral pick
- 7 mini black buttons for mouth
- 7 assorted buttons for front
Note: Refer to photo for placement of items.
1. Cut a small flat spot from the top and bottom of the 5" and 4" balls. Cut a small flat spot on one side of 3" ball.
2. Glue batting to cover the balls, leaving the flat spots on each of the balls bare for attaching the parts together.
3. Glue wood picks into the bare spots at the top of the 5" and 4" balls. Glue snowman together.
4. To make the arms, glue three 1" balls together side by side in a crescent shape. Cover with batting and glue to the sides of the snowman. Toothpicks can be inserted between the arms and body for added support. Repeat for other arm.
5. Decorate snowman with buttons, ribbon scarf, eyes and nose.
6. To make the hat, cut a 9" length of wire-edged ribbon and pull the wire from one edge. Gather the ribbon tightly on the remaining wire and tie the wire ends together. Glue the ends of the ribbon together to form a circle for the hat brim. Cut a 7" piece of ribbon and glue ends together to form the top of the hat and glue the top to the brim. Cut a small circle of ribbon and glue to the top of the hat. Glue the hat to the snowman.