Sugared Fruit & Floral Arrangement
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 8 yellow gerbera daisies
- 2 yellow Asiatic tiger lilies
- 5 umbrella fern sprays
- One 6" copper bucket
- 1 can Modern Metals paint, Gold Lumina
- Green apples, pears, lemons, limes
- 1 bottle Elmer's Fabric & Paper glue
- 1 Jo-Ann Essentials crystal glitter
- 1 block floral foam
- 1 pkg 6" wood picks
- Old paintbrush
- Craft knife
- 1 pkg green floral tape
- Low melt glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Refer to photo/PDF in placement of all floral materials.
- Spray copper bucket with metal paint. Allow to dry.
- To sugar the plastic fruit, use old paintbrush and apply thin coat of Elmer's glue to half of the fruit. Sprinkle a thin coat of crystal glitter on top and shake off excess. Allow to dry thoroughly before repeating on other side of fruit.
- Fill container with floral foam for a tight fit.
- Use the awl to poke a hole in the bottom of the pear. Insert a 6" wood pick into the hole of the pear. Glue pick to fruit to secure. Repeat process on all the fruit except those that will be placed higher in the design, use one of the flower stems cut for them.
- Cut the smaller lilies from the stem leaving the tallest one. Place the tallest lily in center of container to establish the height. Place one stem of the umbrella fern behind the lily.
- Add the fruit according to photo.
- Add the lilies and gerbera daisies, filling in around the fruit.
- Cut the umbrella fern and fill in the design. Break the wood picks in half and use them to add extra lily leaves, using green floral tape to secure the leaves to the picks.