Summer Fun Bean Bags
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd. each of two coordinating heavy outdoor fabric
- Thread (2 spools, one for each color of bag)
- 16 cups Fairfield Poly-Pellets&®
- Fabric-cutting mat w/ grid (optional)
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Pencil or pen
- 1 cup measuring cup
Hint: There are 3 cups of Poly-Pellets per pound so you will need three 2lb. bags to complete this project.
1. Cut fabric into 7" squares making 8 squares for each color (16 squares total)
2. Place two matching 7" pieces together with right sides in and pin.
3. Stitch around all four sides of the square using a 1/4" seam allowance leaving a 2" opening on the fourth side.
4. Turn right side out.
5. Fill the beanbag with approximately 2 cups of Poly-Pellets&®.
6. Sew opening closed
7. Pin a 1/4" border around bag ensuring pellets are in inner section.
8. Stitch all around bag 1/4" in from the edges.