Idea Market Summer Jar Lanterns
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars® tools
- Medium Hexagon Squeeze Punch
- AdvantEdge™ Punch Starter Set
- Large Antique Lace Punch Cartridge
- Hardware snip
- Glass jars
- Decoupage medium
- Foam brush
- Tissue paper
- Wire cutters
- Scrap paper (optional)
JAR DESIGN 1
1. Punch several shapes from tissue paper with the medium Hexagon Squeeze Punch. Tip: Feed through many layers of tissue at once or the paper will tear. Option: Feed a sheet of scrap paper through the punch with the tissue for added support, depending on the softness of the tissue paper.
2. Clean a glass jar thoroughly & remove all labels. Add a layer of decoupage medium to the outside of the jar with a foam brush. Adhere the punched tissue paper shapes in the desired design.
3. Add a second layer of decoupage over the tissue paper layer. Allow it to dry. It will dry clear. Add final top layer of decoupage to complete.
JAR DESIGN 2
1. Punch tissue paper with the AdvantEdge™ Punch Starter Set; add a sheet of cardstock under the tissue paper when feeding through. For very intricate designs, do not start at the edge of the paper, since tissue paper is so soft.
2. Adhere the border around the jar with decoupage medium, using the same technique as for the individual punched shapes in Jar Design 1.
1. Cut two pieces of wire with the hardware snip. Length dependents on jar & desired handle size. One wire will form the handle & one will hold the handle under the lip of the jar. Attach the handle wire to the jar & wind the lip wire tightly around it under the lip of the jar. Double-wind handle wire on each side of the jar.
2. Tip: For a whimsical look, spiral the remaining wire around something similar to a bamboo skewer instead of cutting. Double check that all wire is secure before hanging.
3. Add sand and a candle to each jar.