Summer Mesh Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft ® Foam: 8" extruded ring
- Design It:® Simple Style®
- 21" Decorative Mesh: Light green & turquoise
- 10" Decorative Mesh: Orange
- Painted wood shapes
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
1. Cut eleven 21" lengths of the 21" wide light green and turquoise mesh to create eleven 21" squares of green mesh and eleven 21" squares of turquoise mesh.
2. Roll each square into a 2" diameter tube. Place the end of the tube thru the middle of the wreath and pull the ends of the tube out even at the outside of the wreath. Wrap the center of the tube tightly around the wreath and pin it at the outside of the wreath leaving the ends of the tube to hang free. Continue this process alternating colors. Slightly overlap each tube until the wreath is completely covered.
3. To create the orange ruffled center; cut 10" lengths of the 10" orange mesh. Starting at the cut end of a square, pinch and gather the mesh up the center to the opposite end. Pin the ruffled mesh piece to the outside edge of the wreath where you pinned the tubes. Continue this process pinning the mesh ruffles about 1" apart all the way around the wreath.
4. Embellish the wreath with wood shapes.