Summer of Peace & Love Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Soft Fabric Paint: turquoise, azalea, mandarin orange
- Love Crystal Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Expressions
- Black Spirit Fabric Markers
- Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Fashion Design Pack: Large Peace
- Black messenger bag
- Iron, ironing surface
- Pressing cloth
- Blue painters tape
- Paper plates/foil
- Press strip of tape onto top of bag flap, extending edge to edge. Add another strip 1" below the 1st. Firmly press edges of tape to prevent paint seepage. Squeeze puddle of turquoise paint onto paper plate. Tap sponge into paint then onto bag between tape strips. Sponge in desired coverage. Remove tape & let dry.
- Tape off different section below turquoise & repeat step with azalea, then larger section of mandarin orange. Repeat process, creating stripes down length of bag, letting dry before painting next stripe. Allow to dry.
- Take out the large Peace Iron-On Fashion Design. Cut the peace sign away from the word PEACE. Peel tracking from peace sign & place on front of bag.
- Pre-heat iron to wool setting. Cover peace sign with pressing cloth. Firmly press & hold iron on design for 60 seconds. Allow to cool. Remove plastic.
- Use Black Spirit marker to draw lines from bottom of peace sign.
- Peel tracking from the word PEACE and position onto bag near peace sign, plastic side up. Cover with pressing cloth. Firmly press & hold iron on design for 60 seconds. Allow to cool. Remove plastic.
- Peel tracking from the Love Iron-On Expression. Position onto bottom of bag, plastic side up. Cover with pressing cloth. Firmly press & hold iron on design for 60 seconds. Allow to cool. Remove plastic.