Summer Party for Kids
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars&®:Shape Template-RectangleShape Template-CircleUltra ShapeXpress CutterPremier No. 5 Micro-Tip ScissorsMedium Lever Punch-FlowerHand Punch 1/4" StarPaper Crimper
- Orange, green, brown, pink, purple, blue, green, sand cardstock
- Transparent sheet
- Foam adhesive
- Thin twine
- Straws-assorted colors
- Lifesavers candy
- Blue straw
1. Take a photo of the child filling up the width of a 4" x 6" photo.
2. Silhouette the photo using Fiskars&® Premier No. 5 Micro-Tip Scissors.
3. Mat Photo on a 4" x 7-1/2" blue rectangle of cardstock.
4. Using the Fiskars&® Rectangle Shape Template, cut a 3" x 1-1/2" rectangle out of orange cardstock with Fiskars&® Ultra ShapeXpress Cutter.
5. Center the 3-1/2" x 2" rectangle template over previously cut rectangle and cut again to create frame for goggles.
6. Cut another rectangle from a transparent sheet to fit inside of the goggles, adhere beneath goggles frame.
7. Place a blue straw along the right side of the child's face to form a snorkel.
8. Overlap the blue straw on the right side of the goggle frame. Center the rest of the frame around the child's eyes. Adhere to page using glue dots.
9. Fold a piece of sand-colored cardstock in half to form the invitation.
10. Attach blue rectangle, including child image, to the front of the invitation.
1. Cut a piece of thin twine long enough to be tied and easily removed over a childʼs head.
2. Tie a button on one end temporarily to keep everything in place.
3. Use Fiskars&® Medium Flower Lever Punch to create flower punch outs, alternate with various colors of paper.
4. Using Fiskars&® Hand Punch 1/4" Star, punch a star in the center of each flower.
5. Cut colorful straws into 1/2ʼ" pieces.
6. Have children thread flower punches onto twine using cut straws as a spacer between each flower.
7. Remove button. Tie both ends of twine together to complete lei.
Palm Tree Party Favors
1. Cut a 3-1/8" x 3-5/8" rectangle of brown cardstock and run through Fiskars&® Paper Crimper.
2. To make tree trunk, wrap brown cardstock around a roll of candy. Place a line of glue dots where paper overlaps and stick together.
3. Cut a random shape from chipboard for a little island to anchor the tree.
4. Attach a second roll of candy to island using a couple glue dots.
5. Cut out leaves from green paper, folded in half, and fringe-cut. Attach leaves to the top of trunk using glue dots.
6. Lay Fiskars&® Circle Shape Template on brown cardstock. Cut out small circles using Fiskars&® Ultra ShapeXpress Cutter to create coconuts.
7. Use glue dots to attach coconuts to the top of palm tree.