Summer Sun Dress w/Accessories
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Garden Party Sun Dress Fabric Collection:
- for dress, child's chest measurement plus 1"; plus 10"for purse and 4" for headband
- 2 yds daisy trim
- Eyelet trim for hem; measure bottom edge to determine length needed and add 6"
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut fabric to chest measurement plus 1" and to desired length plus 1/2".
- With right sides together, stitch back seam using 1/2" seam allowance.
- For hem, turn under 1/4", press; turn under 1/2" again, and press.
- Top stitch hem with eyelet trim on the underside so that eyelet shows slightly below hem.
- For straps: from leftover fabric, cut two pieces 1-1/2" wide by 15" long. Fold each in half lengthwise with right sides together and sew 1/4" seam along the length. Turn and press. Sew daisy trim to straps and sew straps to dress.
- Cut fabric 10" wide and 6-1/2" long below the last line of gathering.
- With right sides together, sew back seam using 1/2" seam allowance. Use the 6" piece of leftover eyelet for bottom. With right sides together, bring center back to center front and sew together with eyelet, gathering to fit.
- Turn right side out and fold top of gathering to inside of purse to desired size.
- For strap, cut a piece of leftover fabric to 1-1/2"x30". Follow dress strap directions and attach to purse, adjusting length to fit.
- Cut a piece of elastic top to 2-1/2"x4" and a piece of fabric to 2-1/2"x15".
- With right sides together, sew elastic piece to fabric, then fold in half lengthwise and sew. Turn right side out and press.
- Adjust headband to fit and sew ends together. If desired, decorate headband with daisy trim.