SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt Americana® Gloss Enamels:WhiteSandDark ChocolateBlackShimmering SilverTrue RedDeep Midnight BlueBright YellowFestive GreenCitron GreenClear Medium
- DecoArt Americana® Crystal Gloss Enamels:Blue
- DecoArt Glass Paint Markers:RedGreenVioletBrownBlack
- 38-ounce glass jar with clamp lid
- 3 camel hair paintbrushes
1. Paint entire jar Blue Crystal; wait 15 minutes to dry.
2. Paint oval label on one side of jar Citron Green.
3. Paint beach with Sand.
4. Paint mountains Deep Midnight Blue.
5. Paint three Shimmering Silver buildings of varying heights.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for second coats; let dry 15 minutes
7. Paint trunk of palm tree on beach Dark Chocolate.
8. Paint fronds on palm tree by using downward brush strokes of Festive Green.
9. Paint crab True Red. Use dots of White for eyes and even smaller dots of Black for pupils.
10. Paint snow on top of mountains with White.
11. Paint sun above mountains Bright Yellow. Allow this layer to dry for 15 minutes.
12. Once palm fronds are dry, use Brown Glass Paint Marker to outline fronts and truck as well as to add dots to sand.
13. Use Green Glass Paint Marker to draw small pine trees in front of mountains, if desired.
14. Use Black Glass Paint Marker to outline Shimmering Silver buildings and to add windows to buildings and birds to each scene. Let all dry.
15. Once label area is dry, use Red, Violet, and Green Glass Paint Markers to write out “Summer Vacation Fund" on jar.
16. Add dots of White around label area.
17. Finish off entire painted area with coat of Clear Medium.