SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Darice® Wired Accents Flat Wire – Red, Copper
- 20g Red Wire
- 20g copper Wire
- 18g Red Wire
- Wire cutters
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Cut a piece of the copper flat wire 22" long. Bend it into a circle and overlap the ends approximately 3". Wrap the ends around to secure the circle in place.
2. Cut five 12" copper pieces and five 5½" long red pieces of flat wire. Create a loop at once end, this will be the point of the sun ray, bend the ray back and forth to get the swirled look (see photo). Leave the last 2" of the ray flat at the bottom so you can connect it to the circle base. Bend all 10 pieces into shape.
3. Evenly space the 5 large rays around the circle and the 5 small rays between the larger rays. Connect the rays to the circle base by holding the two pieces together and wire wrapping the rays to the base with 20g red wire for the copper rays and 20g copper wire for the smaller red rays. Leave the wire wrapping 1" from the end of the flat wire. Finish of the end of the flat wire by bending up the end into a loop. Attach all 10 rays to the circle base.
4. On the inside of the circle, form loops and swirls out of the 20g & 18g wire. Connect the ends to the base circle or each other. Mix up colors and size of wire as desired.